Bring some Italian atmosphere into your home with this comforting dish from Non Solo Pizza. To take your meal to the next level, order one of Savor Good’s Italian staples boxes that include the ingredients you need for culinary success. Bellisima!
Rigatoni with Spicy Sausage
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 large Onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1kg fresh hot Italian sausages, casings removed
½ cup Red wine
1 400g can of diced tomatoes
1 400g can of crushed tomatoes with added puree
4 cups Rigatoni
2 cups (packed) Fresh rocket, stems removed
½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Heat oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
4. Add sausage; cook until browned, breaking up with the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
5. Drain drippings from pot.
6. Add wine, diced tomatoes with juice, and crushed tomatoes; increase heat and bring to boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavours, stirring occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
9. Stir pasta, rocket, basil, and oregano into the tomato sauce.
10. Simmer until rocket wilts, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
11. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.