Sure, you could always kick off your weekend with a dirty old fry up of bacon and eggs. But why would you, when you have the opportunity to whip up this delicious tower of tastiness courtesy of our friend Polly Markus of Miss Pollys Kitchen.
200g High Country Salmon Gravlax Salmon
4 cups grated zucchini
1 cup of peas, defrosted (run them under hot water)
1/3 cup spring onions, green part only
1/2 a red chilli, diced
3/4 cup of flour
Zest of one lemon
2 large handfuls of basil
1/2 cup Italian parsley
1/3 cup mint
Salt and pepper
1. Squeeze the liquid out of the grated zucchini using a few paper towels.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the zucchini, peas, spring onion, chilli, lemon zest, parsley, mint and basil.
3. Grate the parmesan then add this to the bowl along with the flour & eggs. Season and mix well.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into the pan on a low heat cook for 5 – 6 minutes per side.
5. Serve with avocado, a dollop of crème fraiche and some gravlax salmon.
6. Eat immediately whilst they are nice and crispy.