While the iced coffee may have started as a straightforward affair of espresso, water and ice, it has since evolved to include the likes of milk, chocolate, whipped cream and even ice cream (sometimes all of the above). And while we’ll always love the simplicity of the OG iced coffee, this season we’re embracing all the bells and whistles with Nespresso’s indulgent and undeniably delicious interpretation. The Long Black Over Ice and Flat White Over Ice capsules are available now for a limited time from Nespresso online.
You will need
4 Nespresso Long Black Over Ice capsules
2 silicone ice ball moulds
Lewis Road Creamery Organic Homogenised Milk
Lewis Road Creamery Organic Single Cream
Whittaker’s Milk Chocolate Sante bar
1. Take empty spherical ice moulds and fill them with two Nespresso espresso extractions. Top the rest up with water and freeze.
2. Set aside a tall glass. Heat cream on the stove until hot before breaking up the Whittaker’s Milk Chocolate Sante and stirring the pieces in. Keep stirring until the cream and chocolate has melted into a ganache and set aside.
3. Pop frozen coffee out of its silicone moulds and stack vertically in the tall glass.
4. Heat milk in a pot until warm and pour over the ice. It will slowly melt the coffee spheres.
5. Finally, drizzle ganache over the top for a touch of extra sweetness and enjoy.