This humble slice from Liv Glazebrook of Kitchen of Treats is proof that cooking needn’t be complex to be absolutely delicious. All you need is a handful of ingredients like dried apricots, old-school super wine biscuits and heavenly Whittaker’s Hazelnut Chocolate to create a crowd-pleasing sweet treat. The best part? There’s no oven involved, simply pop it in the fridge.
Hazelnut chocolate and apricot slice recipe
1 packet of superwine biscuits (or plain vanilla biscuits)
½ tin condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
½ cup chopped dried apricots
1x block Whittaker’s 250g Hazelnut Chocolate
1. Crush biscuits in a food processor (if you don’t have a food processor crush them by placing them in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin.)
2. Melt together in a large saucepan condensed milk, golden syrup and butter.
3. Add biscuits and dried apricots to melted mixture, mix well and press into large sponge roll tin.
4. Melt in the microwave Whittaker’s hazelnut chocolate (heat in increments to avoid burning. Spread evenly over the biscuit base.
5. Chill then cut into pieces.