Tough times call for sweet treats. Luckily Liv Glazebrook from Kitchen of Treats has cooked up a clever spin on a classic with this not-so-naughty Snickers bar recipe. Using ingredients such as oats, maple syrup and Whittaker’s 72% Dark Ghana Chocolate, these no-bake bars are sure to be snapped up quickly.
Better-for-you Snickers bars recipe
170g whole-grain oats
75g pure maple syrup
35g coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
140g smooth peanut butter
80g pure maple syrup
45g coconut oil
90g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
¼ tsp flaky sea salt
250g Whittaker’s 72% Dark Ghana Chocolate
1tsp coconut oil
For the base:
1. Line a 20cm x 10cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Blitz oats in a food processor until a fine flour forms.
3. Add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and salt and pulse until
4. Press evenly into the baking tin.
5. Place in freezer.
For the peanut layer:
6. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a pan and bring to a boil.
7. When it reaches a boil, remove from heat and pour over the base.
8. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts and flaky sea salt. Place in fridge to set.
For the chocolate coating:
9. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave (in short increments to avoid burning).
10. Once chocolate is melted, remove the slice from the freezer and cut it into 8 bars.
11. Dip each bar in chocolate & place them on a cooling rack (this allows any excess chocolate to drip through.)
12. Once set, serve.