This raw peanut butter caramel cups recipe is a healthier take on a Snickers bar. A “nougat” biscuit cup is filled with the creamiest peanut butter salted caramel and topped with roasted peanuts and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. This recipe also happens to be dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan.
Raw salted caramel peanut butter cups recipe
Makes 6 (or 12 mini)
1 cup cashews
1 cup Chantal Organics desiccated coconut
1/4 cup Chantal Organics rice syrup
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
2 tbsp Chantal Organics coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp Chantal Organics salted caramel peanut butter
10 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup Chantal Organics coconut cream
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
250g dark chocolate
1/2 cup Chantal Organics peanuts, roasted
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Place the cashews into a food processor and blend until they resemble biscuit crumbs. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture comes together.
3. Divide the mixture between 6 holes of a muﬃn pan (or 12 mini muﬃn holes) and with wet hands press in firmly to create a cup. Place the cups into the freezer to set.
4. While the cups are setting, roast the peanuts in the 160ºC heated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and then roughly chop into pieces.
5. To make the filling place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon the filling into the cups and smooth the tops. Top with the chopped peanuts and press them into the caramel.
7. Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of steaming water. Drizzle the chocolate over the peanuts then return the cups to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
8. To serve, remove the cups from the muﬃn pan either by popping out if using a silicone pan, or using a small knife to ease them out of a tin.