Taco Tuesday isn’t actually a thing. We firmly believe they should be devoured no matter the day, preferably more often than not. This is a beautifully, tangy and citrusy fish taco recipe, which is super simple to make — especially if you have guests coming over.
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 tsp Sriracha, divided
4 tsp Lillie’s Q Hot Smoky BBQ Sauce, divided
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag frozen prawns, peeled with tails removed
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp honey
Pinch of Himalayan salt flakes
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1/4 cup coriander, freshly chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 corn tortillas
1. Stir together 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, 2 teaspoons Lillie’s Q Hot Smoky BBQ sauce, soy sauce and minced garlic in a large bowl. Then add prawns and mix until well coated before setting aside to marinate.
2. In a Ziploc bag, add sour cream, the remaining 2 teaspoons of Sriracha and Lillie’s Q Hot Smoky BBQ sauce before closing the bag and keeping in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sesame oil, honey and the zest and juice of one lime with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the cabbage and coriander and lightly toss, then set aside.
4. Pour extra virgin olive oil into a large pan on medium to high heat. Add the prawns and marinade and lightly pan fry until caramelised, then flip. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until firm before transferring onto a plate. (The extra marinade can be poured over the tacos at the end).
5. In a separate, dry pan place the tortillas on medium heat. Once warm, transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
6. Assemble the tacos with a handful of cabbage slaw and a few pieces of shrimp. Snip a corner off the Ziploc bag and drizzle the tacos with the Sriracha-sour cream sauce. Garnish with a wedge of lime and serve immediately.
Adapted recipe by Judy Kim.Image credit: Judy Kim