If you’re after a dessert that offers maximum reward for minimum effort, look no further than a banoffee pie. Creamy and indulgent, this version from our friend Polly of Miss Polly’s Kitchen is a standout. Polly swears by using chocolate digestives for the base of hers, and a dusting of grated dark chocolate on top to add a bittersweet finish that perfectly offsets the creamy flavours.
Miss Polly’s Kitchen Banoffee Pie Recipe
450g chocolate digestive biscuits
200g Lewis Road Creamery unsalted butter, melted
4 large bananas
1 can of ready-to-use tinned caramel
300ml Lewis Road Creamery Organic Single Cream
Dark chocolate for grating
A 25cm round dish
1. Blitz the digestives in a food processor then add the melted butter until well combined.
2. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the tin then put into the freezer to chill (it needs to be nice and firm) for roughly an hour.
3. Slice 2 of the bananas and place the slices in a layer on the biscuit base. Now spread the caramel evenly over the top.
4. Slice the remaining 2 bananas and add the second layer on top of the caramel.
5. Whip the cream and spread evenly over the bananas
6. Garnish with lots of grated chocolate and serve immediately — if you aren’t eating it straight away put it straight in the fridge.