While many of us cannot currently be by the seaside, whipping up our own mussel fritters is one way to channel that oceanfront feeling. Enter Grangers’ Mussel Fritters recipe, quenelled and served as an entrée with fresh lemon wedges, a dollop of crème fraîche and lashings of tomato chilli jam. We can hear the lapping shores already.
Grangers’ Mussel Fritters Recipe
Makes approximately 20 fritters
500g mussel meat
1 red onion
Pinch of chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch chilli flakes
Knob of butter for frying
Fresh lemon wedges
Tomato chilli jam
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mince or finely chop mussel meat.
3. Finely dice red onion, parsley and garlic.
4. Whisk milk and egg then combine all other ingredients together.
5. In a medium-hot skillet with olive oil and a knob of butter, using two serving spoons quenelle the mixture in batches of 5-6.
6. After approximately one minute flip, and once sealed transfer to a baking dish. Repeat this process until all mixture is used.
7. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
8. Serve with fresh lemon wedges, crème fraîche and tomato chilli jam.