Long lunch or simple supper, this prosciutto and eggplant pasta recipe from Miss Polly’s Kitchen makes a perfect fuss-free meal. Easy yet impressive, this linguine makes a meal for many when served with garlic bread and rocket salad.
If you wish, you can omit the prosciutto to make this vegetarian-friendly.
Prosciutto and eggplant pasta recipe
3 eggplants, sliced into 1-2cm thick rounds
Salt and pepper
10 garlic cloves, crushed with the back of a knife and diced
¾ cup of parsley
2 packets of mini vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
1 pack of cherry tomatoes
A good pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 packet of dried linguine
2 packets of prosciutto (roughly 150g)
8 medium-size mozzarella balls
Lots of basil (I used a whole plant from the supermarket)
1. Heat the oven to 190°C.
3. Line the sliced eggplant on a couple of baking trays, drizzle with olive oil then season well. Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked. You want them soft in the middle.
4. In a deep pan on a medium heat, cook the garlic with oil, salt and pepper.
5. Mix in the parlsey and cook for a minute then add in the tomatoes, keeping half the cherry tomatoes to fold through at the end.
6. Cook the tomatoes for 10 minutes, add the chilli and balsamic and cook for another few minutes.
7. Cook the pasta in some salted water. Add the cooked eggplant into the tomato sauce.
8. Whilst the pasta is cooking, bake the prosciutto on a tray until crispy. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
9. Drain the pasta and mix everything together. Top with the crispy prosciutto, mozzarella, remaining cherry tomatoes and lots of fresh basil.
10. Serve with garlic bread and a rocket salad.