For a healthy meal that delivers a full-on flavour punch, look no further than this chermoula chicken skewer recipe from Miss Polly’s Kitchen. Simple yet irresistible, this dish makes the most of herbs and spices to create a tasty chermoula sauce that’s bound to become a forever favourite. Pro tip: Pre-soak skewers in warm water for 10-30 mins before cooking to prevent burning.
Chermoula chicken skewers recipe
¾ tsp cumin seeds, toasted
¾ tsp coriander seeds, toasted
2 garlic cloves
½ tsp smoked paprika
Pinch of salt
Pinch chilli flakes
Zest of one lemon
¼ cup lemon juice
¾ cup olive oil
1 cup parsley
1 cup coriander
500g chicken thigh
½ red onion, cut into quarters
1 large red capsicum, cut into small chunks
1 cup of yoghurt for the dipping sauce
1. Turn the oven to 200°C fan bake.
2. Blitz the cumin and coriander seeds in a food processor until they are mostly ground up. Add the garlic, paprika, salt, chilli flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil, then add in the herbs. Whizz together into a nice paste.
3. Chop the chicken pieces into bite-sized pieces, as well as the onion and capsicum. Using half of the chermoula, coat the chicken, onion and capsicum and then thread it onto pre-soaked skewers. I did chicken, onion, capsicum — repeat.
4. Bake for 15-17 mins depending on the size.
5. Mix the remaining chermoula with a cup of yoghurt and enjoy as a dipping sauce.
6. For the salad, try combining ½ a sliced fennel bulb, cherry tomatoes, peas, blanched beans and a ribboned zucchini along with a big handful of basil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy.