Craving takeaways? Miss Polly’s Kitchen has come to our rescue, sharing a seriously delicious recipe for fried buffalo chicken tacos just in time for the weekend. Featuring juicy fried chicken, tangy buffalo sauce and fresh fillings, this recipe is the perfect excuse to bring together your bubble for an irresistible lockdown feast.
Fried Buffalo Chicken Tacos Recipe
4 chicken tenders
½ cup flour
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 egg — whisked
Oil for frying
½ cup buffalo sauce
¼ cup butter
A good squeeze of honey
4 soft shell taco shells
Baby cos lettuce
Red onion (thinly sliced)
Sliced gherkins (Miss Polly’s Kitchen recommends McClure’s Pickles)
1. Cover the chicken tenders in half the buffalo sauce. Leave in the fridge for 30 mins — 24 hours.
2. Assemble all the filling ingredients onto a board (lettuce, coriander, red onion, cheese and gherkins).
3. Mix together the flour, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
4. In a small pot, heat the remaining buffalo sauce, butter and honey. Let it simmer on a low heat, then remove and set aside.
5. Heat a pot of oil on medium to low heat. Do not let it start smoking.
6. Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mix, dip in the whisked egg then transfer back into the flour mix to coat once more and set aside.
7. Drop the tenders (carefully) into the oil for 2 minutes and then turn them for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the oil to rest on a wire rack. While these are frying you can warm your tacos over the flame or in a pan.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, place the chicken on a plate or bowl and pour over the buffalo sauce.
9. Now quickly whip your little taco into shape. Miss Polly’s Kitchen recommends ranch dressing on the bottom, then lettuce, followed by buffalo chicken, grated cheese, pickles, coriander and red onion.