With Father’s Day fast approaching, it’s time we all started thinking about how best to celebrate the dads and father figures who have had such a crucial hand in raising us. And this year, in a bid to encourage a move away from the traditional but tired ‘socks-and-undies’ gift, we have teamed up with Schweppes 1783 to create the perfect cocktail for thanking dad with a well-deserved toast.
Meet the Green Jacket — a refreshing, not-too-sweet combination of Malfy Gin, Lillet Blanc, Green Chartreuse, lime and (of course) Schweppes 1783 Quenching Cucumber Tonic Water. Putting a more citrusy twist on the classic G&T, this cocktail is delicious and super easy to make but just complex enough to leave anyone who takes a sip thoroughly impressed (even if you really have no mixology skills to speak of). Here’s how to create the Green Jacket for Dad this Father’s Day.
Ingredients (makes one cocktail):
20ml Malfy Original Gin
15ml Green Chartreuse
20ml lime juice
20ml Lillet Blanc
Schweppes 1783 Quenching Cucumber Tonic Water
Dehydrated lime wheel to garnish
1. Start by pouring the Malfy Gin into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the Green Chartreuse, followed by the Lillet Blanc.
3. Finish with lime juice before filling the cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Give the whole thing a good shake.
5. Prepare a glass with ice before pouring the mixture over.
6. Top off with Schweppes 1783 Quenching Cucumber Tonic Water.
7. Garnish with a wheel of dehydrated lime before serving.
Please drink responsibly.