Brownie lovers rejoice: this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. Rich, dark and decadent, this brownie from Liv Glazebrook of Kitchen of Treats is simply too good to resist. Packed with gooey Whittaker’s Creamy Caramel Chocolate, it’s dangerously easy to make (and devour).
Caramel brownie recipe
¾ cup dark cocoa
2 ½ cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups flour
250g Block Whittaker’s Creamy Caramel Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake.
2. Grease and a line a baking tin (this recipe used a 20cm x 30cm tin)
3. Melt the butter and cocoa. Once melted, add the brown sugar.
4. Quickly beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the flour and pour into the tin.
6. Chop up the Creamy Caramel block carefully in to individual squares (as to ensure the caramel remains encased in each square). Push each square into the brownie, so that the brownie batter covers each.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm around the edges.
8. When cool, cut into squares.