In sixteen years, Denizen has become the leading authority on the art of living well. With a committed following of loyal, style-savvy readers, Denizen has established cult status among New Zealand’s stylish and influential elite.
Denizen offers a smart, creative work environment that encompasses a magazine, a dynamic website, engaging social channels and a busy events division. We’re all about celebrating Auckland and New Zealand, its people, places, food, culture, style and ideas. Our mission is to champion our city by celebrating and accentuating the positive — avoiding at all costs the negative — embracing our continued evolution into a truly world-class city.
With an admirable list of clients including Gucci, Tiffany & Co, Dior, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier, Rolex, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Tom Ford, ECC, Studio Italia, Savour Group, Nourish and Park Hyatt, to name just a few, Denizen is the premier media partner of choice for the leading luxury brands that operate in the New Zealand market.
We are currently recruiting outstanding, talented people, who are willing to push the envelope in terms of creating engaging content that is of an international quality — the sort of groundbreaking and eye-catching stories that stop people in their tracks. What you may lack in years of experience you will bring in a dedicated desire to produce excellent work alongside the country’s greatest media talent.
We are looking for full-time staff writers to work with our team, who can create robust, unique and engaging content for our online platform and magazine. This includes feature stories, interviews, short-form content, list generation and general culture coverage. The ideal candidates will have relevant work experience creating high-quality editorial content. Your job will include:
• Developing and writing fresh, engaging content across the full spectrum of subjects we cover, including food, fashion, travel, design, culture, wellbeing etc
• Self-editing and proofreading all articles accurately, using your strong eye for consistency, structure and grammar.
• Building a strong understanding of the Denizen audience and being nimble in delivering captivating, relevant and timely content that speaks to them and keeps them engaged.
• Being confident and creative in proposing editorial ideas and proactive in seeking out stories that will continue to grow our significant platform.
• Being passionate about food, fashion, culture, wellbeing and all of the luxury lifestyle subjects that we cover so extensively at Denizen.
• Attending exclusive events for our luxury clients on behalf of the magazine.
• Meeting our print and online deadlines in an organised and timely manner with high-quality articles.
We are looking for a skilled and imaginative Graphic Designer to join our dynamic team. Your job will include:
• Collaborating with the editorial team to conceptualise and create visually stunning magazine layouts for articles, features, and advertisements.
• Contributing to brainstorming sessions and offering creative ideas to enhance Denizen’s visual impact in print and online.
• Continuously researching and staying updated on design trends, emerging technologies, and industry-best practices to ensure our magazine remains fresh and relevant.
• Maintaining strong attention to detail and possessing the ability to produce work of a high standard under tight deadlines.
• Working on industry-standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), in which you will need proficiency and experience.
Digital Content/ Social Media Specialists
We’re looking for a full-time Digital Content / Social Media Specialist that has an eye for detail, experience in creating content, is a whizz on social channels and has a great attitude and willingness to continue to learn and grow in the roll. Your job will include:
• Creating and managing social media content in an organised manner.
• Creating and uploading captivating and engaging content to our website and social channels.
• Creating compelling and relevant content for our bi-weekly newsletters.
• Staying up-to-date with current trends and maintaining a passion for the subjects that we cover at Denizen.
• Attending and taking exceptional social coverage of exclusive events.
• Working daily with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), in which you will need a degree of proficiency and experience.
While you may lack experience in this role, bringing a can-do attitude and a sharp eye for detail and trends will be considered. (Experience in video editing would be advantageous.)
How to Apply
For each position send your current resume along with a portfolio or brief outline of your work experience to [email protected] no later than 5pm Friday the 14th of July. Please state which position you are applying for in the subject line of your application email.