Ever tried a tequila Bloody Mary? How about a tequila hot toddy? While a frosty, salt-rimmed margarita never goes amiss, there are endless ways to get creative with Patrón Tequila. Smooth and soft, it’s just as enjoyable stirred into a cocktail as it is sipped slowly over ice. Arguably the world’s most recognisable tequila brand, Patrón Tequila’s iconic one-of-a-kind bottle with its complex, additive-free contents has made a global mark since its humble beginnings more than 30 years ago. Below, you’ll find inspiration on how to make the most of Patrón Tequila at home with easy cocktail recipes, plus how to enter our giveaway for a Patrón Tequila experience at Clipper in Ponsonby.
Warm up this winter with a twist on the classic hot toddy. Made with Patrón Tequila, this toasty tequila cocktail is sure to be a crowd-pleaser on chilly nights.
60ml Patrón Añejo
90ml hot water
45ml lemon juice
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
3 drops vanilla extract
1. In the bottom of a sturdy mug, combine a pinch of ground cinnamon, honey and hot water and stir to combine.
2. Add Patrón Añejo, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
3. Stir to combine all ingredients.
The ultimate brunch cocktail — it’s high time you tried this spicy, Patrón Tequila-laced version of everyone’s favourite, the Bloody Mary.
60ml Patrón Silver Tequila
150ml Bloody Mary mix*
Lemon wedge for garnish
Celery stalk for garnish
1. Combine ingredients in a mixing tin or pint glass and “roll” the drink by pouring it back and forth between the two.
2. Strain onto fresh ice in a collins glass.
3. If you like, rim the glass with kosher salt or a specially spiced rim of your choosing.
4. Garnish with a lemon wedge and celery stalk.
*Bloody Mary Mix
120ml tomato juice
15ml fresh lemon juice
Dash each of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco
1 tsp horseradish (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Patrón Añejo Old Fashioned
This simple tequila Old Fashioned cocktail recipe is enhanced with sweet, oak-aged Patrón Añejo. Savour the slight twist of tequila instead of whiskey with hints of orange and bitters.
60ml Patrón Añejo
7.5ml simple syrup
1 dash bitters
1. Over a double old-fashioned glass, use a vegetable peeler to take off two strips of orange zest, making sure to express the oil into the glass.
2. Add Patrón Añejo, simple syrup, and bitters.
3. Add ice — the biggest cubes you can find — and stir.
4. Adjust sweetness to taste.
We are giving three lucky Denizens each the chance to win a $300 Patrón experience at Clipper Ponsonby. Enjoy an incredible masterclass with one of Patrón Tequila’s mixologists who will showcase their superior cocktail-making skills.
This competition is now closed.