Since you can’t head to Viaduct Harbour for cocktail hour with the lockdown, we have brought the best drinks from the best bartenders to you. Perfect your serving and drinking skills one shake at a time.
Espresso Martini, Hello Beasty
From Katie Woodhead
30ml Espresso coffee – You can use strong stovetop coffee if you don’t have an espresso machine.
30ml Coffee liqueur – Try Quick Brown Fox or go old school with Tia Maria.
15ml Sugar syrup – made on a 1:1 ratio, the amount can be adjusted for personal taste.
3 Coffee beans for garnish (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker
2. Fill with ice – Lots of ice if the coffee is still hot.
3. Shake it like you mean it for at least 20 seconds.
4. Double strain into a chilled martini glass – Or a mug if that’s your lockdown vibe.
5. Garnish with 3 coffee beans
The Pink Panther, Soul Bar & Bistro
From Scott Van Dooren
45ml Grey Goose vodka
30ml Watermelon juice
30ml Lemon juice
20ml Sugar syrup (1:1 ratio of white sugar to water)
2 slices of Cucumber
1 wedge of Watermelon
1. Muddle cucumber in a shaker.
2. Add remaining ingredients and shake over ice.
3. Finely strain into an ice-filled Collins glass or regular tall glass.
4. Garnish with a wedge of watermelon.
Kiwi Basil Spritz, Viaduct Yacht Club
From Becs Bradley
20ml Honey syrup
30ml Lemon juice
¼ Kiwi fruit
3 Basil leaves
Soda or Sparkling wine
Basil leaves and Kiwi slices for garnish (optional)
1. Muddle kiwi fruit and basil in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except soda/sparkling wine.
3. Shake with ice and strain over ice into a large glass.
4. Top with soda or sparkling wine (approx. 100ml).
5. Garnish with basil and a slice of kiwi fruit
For the Honey Syrup
Combine and mix 250gm honey and 250ml hot water thoroughly. Cool and store in a jar or bottle until ready to use.