If you’re partial to a cheese toastie (and let’s be honest, of course, you are) then you need to try this unexpected combo from our friends at Huckleberry. Made with cheese, onion, apple cider vinegar and their latest batch of Northland raw honey, the resulting toasted sandwich is perfectly sweet, a simple recipe bound to impress.
Ingredients — serves 2
1 tbsp Huckleberry Northland Honey
2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
1 small red onion
4 slices of seeded sourdough or GF bread
1 tbsp olive oil
4 slices Huckleberry Cumin Cheddar (or a dairy-free cheddar alternative, but add some toasted cumin seeds too)
1 tbsp honey
Honey pickled onions
1. Mix honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Finely slice the onion into rounds and add to the honey mix, coat evenly and let to sit overnight (or if you’re in a hurry, 30 minutes will do)
2. Use a pastry brush to give one side of each slice of bread a coat of olive oil. Use the same brush to coat the other side with honey. Top 2 of the slices of bread with cheese and then half of the onions each.
3. Sandwich with other slices of bread, honey side down.
4. Toast in a sandwich press or pan until golden and cheese has melted.
5. Slice into triangles (because triangles are always better).