The only way to pass on a pash at the workplace, is the Tatler way.
If you’re weary of overly affectionate cougar Belinda from HR or you think Greg from accounts will attempt to initiate a seemingly harmless but very awkward peck far too close to your lips, consider including these six clever and highly effective methods in your arsenal and turn the unrequited affections of hopeless suitors down, with your grace intact.
1. Coughing fits buy time. But don’t get too enthusiastic – you don’t want sympathy.
2. Duck down suddenly to pick up ‘something shiny’ you just happened to have spied on the floor….But be careful not to bash your suitor on the chin when you stand up. (Dangerous if they have braces.)
3. As they’re bending in, simply ask: ‘Oh, did you have curry for dinner?’ Moment over.
4. Too late to escape? Purposefully miss their mouth and bite their nose. That’ll show ’em.
5. Grab the nearest person and use them as a human shield. Who knows, they might even like it. Call yourself cupid and quickly dance away.