Denizen offers a smart, creative work environment that encompasses a magazine, dynamic website and busy events division. We’re all about celebrating Auckland and New Zealand, its people, places, food, culture, style and ideas. Our mission is to champion our city by celebrating and accentuating the positive — avoiding at all costs the negative — embracing our continued evolution into a truly world-class city.
We are an all-hands-on-deck operation that’s seeking an individual who is excited by the opportunity, naturally curious, connected to the beat of the city, and who doesn’t shy away from a challenge.
We are looking for a senior writer to work with our team to create robust, unique and engaging content for our online platform and magazine. This includes feature stories, interviews, short-form content, list generation and general culture coverage. The ideal candidate must have relevant work experience creating high-quality editorial content.
You must excel in a collaborative environment, be resolutely passionate about the content we cover and be willing to do whatever it takes to contribute creatively to the continued growth of the fastest growing lifestyle platform in New Zealand.
What you’ll do on the job:
• Develop and write fresh engaging content across the full spectrum of subjects we cover; food, fashion, travel, design, culture, wellbeing etc…
• Possess the ability to self-edit and proofread all articles accurately, with a strong eye for consistency, structure and grammar.
• Develop a strong understanding of the Denizen audience.
• Ensure all content produced fits our target audience and develop concepts that are congruent with them.
What qualities the successful candidate will have:
• Experience working in a writing role or similar
• Attention to detail.
• Must be creative, assertive and comfortable asking the questions.
• Must be extremely organised and detail oriented and able to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Must possess an overwhelming interest in the Auckland lifestyle; food, culture and entertainment.
Interested individuals should send their CV to email@example.com along with at least two examples of recent written work.
Applications must be received no later than 5pm Friday 23rd November.