Whether you're in town for Fashion Week or hoping to impress visitors, look no further.
Here for a good time, not a long time? We’re only too happy to share a few of our favourite things that you’d be remiss to miss during your time in our charming city…
1. Fancy a little retail therapy? Make your way to Ponsonby’s Mackelvie Street for an assortment of coveted NZ designers like Lonely, Deadly Ponies, The Shelter, Workshop and many more. And if you find yourself a little peckish afterwards, stop in at The Blue Breeze Inn or head to the Ponsonby institution that is SPQR for an espresso martini and a chat with some of the city’s movers and shakers.
2. Heading to Britomart? To make the most of your time in our beloved CBD precinct, book an appointment at E von Dadelszen, visit the new Chanel boutique, pop into Amano bakery for a buffalo milk flat white before checking out The Social Kitchen by Fisher & Paykel at Takutai Square. While you’re there, don’t leave without heading to the MoVida pop-up at City Terrace for some seriously delectable tapas available for a limited time only.
3. Not sure where to eat? Tuck into the Godfather of weekend lunches at Baduzzi or if you’d rather wine and dine by the water, the new look Soul Bar is for you. For dinner, head to The Grove and do not (we mean it!) leave without sampling the seasonal soufflé. Or, if you fancy a Japanese meal of epic proportions, head to Azabu followed by cocktails at the Roji bar where delicious Pisco cocktails await. You also cannot go wrong with a meal at the harbourside stalwart that is Euro.
4. Spend an evening on the infamous K’ Road. Kick it off with an early evening stroll along the pink Light Path followed by dinner at the very cool, elevated Lebanese eatery Gemmayze Street, and a cocktail at 69 before opting in for some late night revelry at Neck of The Woods.
5. For a spot of culture, you can’t go wrong at the Auckland Art Gallery.
6. For a little air and a hell of a view, make the most of the crisp evenings with a walk along the Westhaven Promenade designed by none other than one of our Denizen heroes Henry Crothers.
9. Visit the Auckland Domain for a wander around the Wintergardens.
10. Give stress the shrug off with a sunrise or sunset yoga session at the newly minted True Food & Yoga studio overlooking the sparkling Waitemata Harbour on the gorgeous and winding Tamaki Drive.