In thirteen years, Denizen has become the leading authority on the art of living well. With a committed following of loyal, style-savvy readers, Denizen has established cult status among New Zealand’s stylish and influential elite.
Denizen offers a smart creative work environment that encompasses a magazine, dynamic website and busy events division. We’re all about celebrating Auckland and New Zealand, its people, places, food, culture, style and ideas. Our mission is to champion our city by celebrating and accentuating the positive — avoiding at all costs the negative — embracing our continued evolution into a truly world-class city.
With an admirable list of clients including Gucci, Tiffany & Co, Dior, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Rolex, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Tom Ford, ECC, Studio Italia, Savour Group, Nourish and Park Hyatt, to name just a few, Denizen is the leading media partner for the greatest luxury brands that operate in the New Zealand market.
We are looking to fill one of the most integral roles in our organisation. As Denizen’s Office Manager you’ll be at the very heart of the business, and crucial to the smooth and successful running of our tight knit team.
This position works directly alongside the Editor-in-chief and requires a high level of dependability, reliability and confidentiality. You’ll be extremely organised, able to work in a structured way that allows you to tackle and successfully manage a myriad of duties that come with the daily operations of running New Zealand’s longest standing, leading independent magazine publisher and media outlet.
Location: Auckland CBD
What you’ll do on the job:
- Managing all aspects of business income and expenses via Xero
- Conducting daily banking activities including reconciliation of bank accounts within Xero
- Processing monthly payroll. Calculating PAYE and tax deductions in conjunction with our external Corporate Accountants
- Creating and sending client invoices, and following up in situations of non-payment.
- Making sure invoices from suppliers are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Filing GST returns and assisting with other tax returns in conjunction with our external Corporate Accountants
- Welcome any visitors in a warm and friendly manner
- Answer, handle or direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
- Take inventory of supplies and restock as needed
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Maintain and update the master print distribution list for the magazine
- Manage the subscription database through our online portal, email inbox and phone inquiries
- Process magazine purchases made through the website
- Provide support as required on a variety of tasks associated with events we regularly hold in conjunction with clients
- Assist with invitation and guest list management
- Assist with sourcing and procuring of event stylistic tools
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of relevant experience in running an office environment
- Proficient in Xero and strong accounting skills
- Proficient in Google Docs and Sheets
- Good understanding of data management and best practices
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritising tasks without guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Well presented in the manner that is representative of the Denizen brand
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 5pm Friday 16th July, 2021